What are you getting from your chiropractor?
When they’re looking for a chiropractor, Vancouver, WA residents to Miami, FL patients look for a capable, well reviewed, and accredited chiropractor. They may be limiting their considerations to what that particular chiropractor can offer them right then, and that could be a mistake. It can be difficult to find a good chiropractor, and patients frequently build relationships with their practice. Getting to know the staff, building trust with their provider, and creating a treatment plan takes time and work. You don’t want to have to start over if you suffer an injury your clinic doesn’t cover. And what about your family? If your children or spouse require chiropractic care, wouldn’t you rather already receive care from a clinic you can trust?
Chiropractic Care from the Very Beginning
Chiropractic care begins with the health of the mother. From first pregnancies and beyond, there are some major benefits to seeking a chiropractor. If yours doesn’t offer this service you may have to go elsewhere when a new family member is prepared to enter the world. By choosing a well-rounded chiropractor both the baby and the mother benefit. Some of the benefits care can provide include:
- Misalignment due to pregnancy: There are some changes that occur during pregnancy. These include postural and pelvic changes. Misalignment may be a problem, particularly in the later stages of pregnancy. Chiropractic care can help to align the pelvis, making natural delivery an easier and safer option.
- Provide pain relief and nausea control: In the time leading up to a pregnancy there can be some major symptoms. These disrupt the mothers ability to feel well rested, comfortable, and relaxed during her pregnancy. This can increase stress hormones that adversely affect the child. Prevention of these disruptions is key, and chiropractic care is a safe and effective way to do so.
- Reduce delivery and labor times: Regular visits prior to delivery can help ensure the body is in the best possible alignment for both the mother and child. This can help to prevent the need for a potential cesarean delivery.
Childhood and Adolescence
There are a wide variety of illnesses and common problems that can be solved by a pediatric chiropractor. These specialists know how to work with both young children and adolescents. Accreditation from the International Chiropractic Pediatric Association can help you determine who has had professional teaching and clinical follow up and who has not. Treatment extends across a wide range of problems and some of these include:
- Reduced mobility and restricted movement: Even children can suffer from the same problems adults do. If your child is having mobility problems or cannot turn their head and neck as they should be able to, a pediatric chiropractor can help. Misalignment can occur at nearly any time and the sooner it is addressed, the better.
- Ear infections: These infections often occur within the Eustachian Tube. When they occur at a chronic level there may be additional issues that aren’t being addressed. A qualified chiropractor can treat your child in order to fix misalignment as well as open up the Eustachian Tube. This will allow the fluid in the ears to drain properly and provide the body with the best opportunity to naturally heal itself.
- Scoliosis: Incorrect curvature of the spine can lead to an uneven waist, physical deformity reduced mobility, back pain, muscle spams, and more. The longer it is unaddressed the more damage it can cause. A chiropractor can correct the imbalances that lead to scoliosis, and correct those that are already occurring. The sooner this is treated the better.
Chiropractic Care for Adults
Chiropractic techniques can be used to cure a wide range of maladies. Adults should look for a clinic that can accommodate their needs now and into the future. In addition to pre-natal, childhood, and adolescent care, many clinics have additional therapeutic services like massage therapy. Specialties in common ailments that affect adults like injury due to sports are also a great reason to see a chiropractor. Regular visits can help reduce stress, back, shoulder, and neck pain, reduce migraines, and more. Speak to a chiropractor to find out how they can help you on the road to wellness.
Chiropractic Care for Seniors
There’s one demographic that is often overlooked. Seniors frequently suffer from mobility problems and pain associated with aging. They are also prone to particular types of accidents more than any other demographic. Slips and falls are frequently fatal, and any action that can prevent this from happening and lower the likelihood of an incident should be taken. Just some of the areas in which a chiropractor can help a senior include:
- Improved range of motion – Chiropractic treatment can help improve range of motion in seniors. This can be incredibly beneficial in other areas, extending their ability to get around unaided and perform activities they enjoy.
- Improved coordination and balance – Chiropractic care can stimulate joint receptors. This increases a patients ability to register where they are spacially oriented in the environment, improving balance and coordination.
- Decreasing falling incidences – Adjustments and treatment programs designed to increase strength and improve flexibility can help seniors actively prevent falls. By maintaining a bodies natural abilities longer, they can enjoy an increased quality of life.
- Reduce the need for a nursing home – Studies have shown that chiropractic care can reduce a seniors chance of ending up in a nursing home or being hospitalized. This underscores a substantial increase in a patients ability to live independently and without the need for constant care when they utilize the services of a chiropractor.
We’re with you, Every Step of the Way
A chiropractor can provide you with a better quality of life from your very first steps into your mobile and healthy golden years. When you choose a chiropractor with the ability to help you at every stage of your lifetime, you’ll receive continual care and build a relationship with a caregiver who knows your entire medical history. You deserve health and wellness for yourself and your family, and it all begins with the right chiropractor.